39 Lessons to be the Man You Want to Be
Here’s a repost from my brother Jerry. Thanks. These are some timeless quote might sound simple, but their value is priceless!
The original list, is in the image below, credits to http://www.tickld.com/x/45-man-tips. I had to change around some of the quote and putting in some of mine.
I hope this list inspires you to be a better man!🙂
1. Go for the Women you Perceive to be “out of your league.” You’ll surpries yourself.
2. Never have sex with anyone that doesn’t want it as much as you.
3. Never hit anyone unless they are an immediate threat.
4. Faint Heart never won fair lady. Now faint mind never won great money!
5. Never take her to the movies on the first date.
6. Nothing looks more badass than a well tailored suit!
7. Always look a person in the eye when you talk to them.
8. Buy a plunger before you need a plunger.
9. Exercise makes you happy. Run, Lift Weights, Train – it will do you good.
10. Brush your teeth before you put on your tie.
11. A small amount of your paycheck should go directly to your savings every month. (How else can you marry the girl or your dreams?)
12. Never wear a clip-on tie.
13. Give a firm handshake.
14. Compliment her shoes.
15. Never leave a point unfinished.
16. If you don’t feel confident, fake it. FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT.
17. You can tell the size of a man by the size of things that bother him. (Yeah and not that one, though it also counts!)
18. Measure twice, cut once. (This coming as an Architect)
19. Always STAND to shake someone’s hand.
20. Ask more than you answer. Everybody likes to talk about themselves.
21. Buy high quality tools, (too bad DIT’s only common to the US. In the Philippines, it’s too hot that everyone pay other guys to do the dirty job.)
22. Never lend anything you can’t afford to lose.
23. Manliness is not only being able to take care of yourself, but others as well. Women follow men who are leaders of men and protectors of loved ones.
24. Go with the decision that will make for a good story.
25. Square your shoulders and look straight ahead not down when you walk.
26. Find your passion and figure out how to get paid for it.
27. Don’t let the little head do the thinking for the big head.
28. No matter their job or status in life, everyone deserves your respect.
29. The most important thing you can learn is personal responsibility. Bad things happen, it’s your job to OVERCOME them.
30. The First one to get angry LOSES.
31. Do what needs to be done withtout complaingin. It won’t help speed things up. Ouch!
32. Never stop learning.🙂
33. Always go out in public dressed like you’re about to meet the love of your life.
34. Dont’t change yourself just to make someone happy, unles that someone is you.
35. If you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re probably in the wrong room.
36. Luck favors the prepared. (This doesn’t mean to bring extra underwear. hehehe)
37. Women find confidence sexy as hell.
38. Do whatever you want to do in life, but be the best at it.
39. No one is on their deathbed wishing they spent more time at work. Enjoy your life.