History of Architecture 1 – Intro – Building Materials
History of Architecture 1
Architectural manifestation of thoughts from the beginning of civilization to the Byzantine Period.
University of San Agustin, Philippines
History of Architecture aims to:
- Make the students understand the evolution of architecture form
- Distinguish a particular architectural style from another.
- Make a comparative analysis of the architectural styles during the periods covered.
Choice of Building Materials for Buildings
- Buildings consist of many materials
- Materials are selected based on availability, property, cost and beauty
- Each material is unique and suitable for some uses
Common Building Materials in Buildings
- Rocks & Stones
- Mud and Earth
- Iron and Steel