Arki Thesis blues: the Difference between Concept and Philosophy?
One of the challenge during school was that in UST, it always rained. And the guys who top the board exams are simply brilliant, hard researching dudes with monster drawing skills. Back to Architecture – here’s the Question: What is a concept?
Let me give you an example
- A slanted massing that depicts movement
- Fluid transition spaces that encourages movement
- Functional interior spaces able to accommodate impromptu performances.
- Color schemes that melt into each other seamlessly
- Passive cooling strategies implemented to allow air movements
How can you develop your own?
“You start out sounding a lot like everyone else before you actually start: sounding like yourself”
I think that’s one of the most practical ways of finding things out: looking at how other people do it. It’s like laying out all the truths (from everything you’ve read and encountered) and disproving them one by one by process of elimination.
You can try them all out and figure out what suits your beliefs, biases and inclinations.