When I was in college I was a hopeless romantic, clueless in real relationships. After countless religious youth meetings and fired up motivational speeches in finding the ideal woman, I finally put down my non-negotiables in an ideal lady-to-marry.
Here’s the final four:
A. Raised like a queen (confident)
B. Motherly (personifies kindness and compassion)
C. Passionate about Jesus
Fast forward to 10 years, working and eternally single, a lot has changed in my expectations. (Most to blame is all the Disney movies that mess up my expectations) 🙂 Hehe!
My list today isn’t set but I definitely stick to the first (A) and last (D). While surfing the net, I happen to read this peice of advice that reminded me of the honorable woman I described as “Raised as a Queen”.
What does a queen look and feel like. How does a princess act?
33 Nuggets of Wisdom for Single to-be-future-wives and Successful moms.
1). Never raise your voice for any reason to your husband. Its a sign of disrespect.
2). Don’t expose your husband’s weaknesses to your family and friends. It will bounce back at you. You are each other’s keeper.
3). Never use attitudes and moods to communicate to your husband, you never know how your husband will interpret them. Defensive women don’t have a happy home.
4). Never compare your husband to other men, you’ve no idea what their life is all about. If you attack his Ego, his Love for you will diminish.
5). Never ill treat your husband’s friends because you don’t like them, the person who’s supposed to get rid of them is your husband.
6). Never forget that your husband married you, not your maid or anyone else. Do your duties.
7). Never assign anyone to give attention to your husband, people may do everything else but your husband is your own responsibility.
8). Never blame your husband if he comes back home empty handed. Rather encourage him.
9). Never be a wasteful wife, your husband’s sweat is too precious to be wasted.
10). Never pretend to be sick for the purpose of denying your husband’s right. You must give it to him how he wants it. It’s very important to Men, if you keep denying him, it is a matter of time before another woman takes over that duty. No man can withstand on starvation for too long (even the anointed
11). Never compare your husband to your one time Ex-lover. Your home may Never recover from it if you do.
12). Never answer for your husband in public opinion polls, let him handle what is directed to him although he may answer for you in public opinion polls.
13). Never shout or challenge your husband in front of children. Wise Women don’t do that.
14). Don’t forget to check the smartness of your husband before he checks out.
15). Never allow your friends to be too close to your husband.
16. Never be in a hurry in the bathroom and on the dressing table. Out there your husband is always surrounded by women who took their time on their looks.
17. Your parents or family or friends do not have the final say in your marriage. Don’t waste your time looking up to them for a final word. You must Leave if you want to Cleave.
18. Never base your love on monetary things. Will you still submit to him even if you earn more money than him?
19. Don’t forget that husbands want attention and good listeners, never be too busy for him. Good communication is the bed rock of every happy home.
20). If your idea worked better than his, never compare yourself to him. Its always team work.
21). Don’t be too judgmental to your husband. No man wants a Nagging wife.
22). A lazy wife is a careless wife. She doesn’t even know that her body needs a bath.
23). Does your husband like a kind of cooked food? Try to change your cooking. No man jokes with food.
24). Never be too demanding to your husband, enjoy every moment, resource as it comes.
25). Make a glass of water the very first welcome to your husband and everyone entering your home. Sweetness of attitude is true beauty.
26). Don’t associate with women who have a wrong mental attitude about marriage.
27). Your marriage is as valuable to you as the value that you give it. Recklessness is unacceptable.
28) A confrontational wife, can never keep a good husband and her home, she will be grooming irresponsible daughters without manners.
29) A woman who cannot manage her children, home and husband is a complete failure in life no matter her achievements.
30) A wise woman honors her husband, and respect him, in turn the husband will cherish her and love her dearly – it will be natural. Husband is a beautiful gift from God, no woman can stay without a husband. No good man on earth can tolerate a confrontational and argumentative wife except they have lost their value and become less of a real man.
31). Fruit of the womb is a blessing from the Lord, love your children and teach them well.
32). You are never too old to influence your home. Never reduce your care for your family for any reason.
33). A prayerful wife is very wise and intelligent and she is a better equipped wife, pray always for your husband and family. Conquer all your challenges and problems with prayers, only Christ can solve our problems – not parent, not pastors, not anybody but, only you and Christ.
A GOOD WOMAN, MAKES A GOOD WIFE AND A GOOD WIFE BECOMES A GOOD MOTHER.
Share it to every woman you know. You never know whose marriage you are about to save. And to every man so that the women in their lives can be better guided.