After a long evening preparation, tears and time, it is the Day of the Run. Hopes were high to lose 10 more pounds, others to bag the win, and students waiting for the rendezvous with Destiny and find the Cause to Finish college.
FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE RUN.
1. Do you know about REAL LIFE?
Real Life Foundation is a program provides high school and university scholarships to poor but deserving students with good academic standing who, if not for the scholarships, would have no chance of obtaining a university degree.
2. Currently, Real LIFE has more than 170 high school and university scholars in the following areas: Quezon City, Novaliches, Pasig, Mandaluyong, Makati, Malate, Mandaluyong, Muntinlupa, Dasmarinas, Laoag, Baguio, Urdaneta, Lipa, Batangas, Cebu, Bacolod, Zamboanga and General Santos.
3. Not just Education but Character
Real Life aims to not just to produce university graduates, but young men and women of character and the scholars are encouraged to “give back” by serving their families and their communities.
4. Mentoring and not just monitoring
More than just getting good grades, Real LIFE scholars are mentored in “LIFE”: leadership, integrity, faith, and excellence.
5. Empowerment, not just Aid
Real LIFE Foundation empowers scholars to stand on their own and rise above their present circumstances. To date, 110 Real LIFE scholars have graduated from university and many of our graduates are already the primary breadwinner in their families.
The RAISE FOR LIFE